Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 2011

Another wonderful day in my life as I saw clients all morning and finished up around noon! Very productive morning and then I headed out to west Knoxville to the Healthe Shoppe...Eddie Reymond's place! I bought some 2+1+1 Recovery Drink...which I swear by...I am a Beachbody coach and I can tell you their recovery drink does not do for my body what this drink does! If I drink it after my workouts or long runs...my soreness is pretty much gone! All the elite runners in our area drink it and swear by it! I also purchased some Magnesium Oil to rub on my calves and thighs after long runs...Eddie says this is good stuff and would also help with any soreness I might have after my long runs! Its a rub that goes on like lotion with no smell and not greasy so I said I will try it...here is the kewl thing...your body needs magnesium for 300 different functions (google it) most people dont get enough of it...I think I do but this sure won't hurt! Below is a good list for you of magnesium sources!

<>
FOODMilligrams (mg)%DV*
Halibut, cooked, 3 ounces9020
Almonds, dry roasted, 1 ounce 8020
Cashews, dry roasted, 1 ounce7520
Soybeans, mature, cooked, ½ cup 7520
Spinach, frozen, cooked, ½ cup7520
Nuts, mixed, dry roasted, 1 ounce6515
Cereal, shredded wheat, 2 rectangular biscuits5515
Oatmeal, instant, fortified, prepared w/ water, 1 cup5515
Potato, baked w/ skin, 1 medium5015
Peanuts, dry roasted, 1 ounce5015
Peanut butter, smooth, 2 Tablespoons5015
Wheat Bran, crude, 2 Tablespoons4510
Blackeyed Peas, cooked, ½ cup4510
Yogurt, plain, skim milk, 8 fluid ounces4510
Bran Flakes, ½ cup4010
Vegetarian Baked Beans, ½ cup 4010
Rice, brown, long-grained, cooked, ½ cup4010
Lentils, mature seeds, cooked, ½ cup 358
Avocado, California, ½ cup pureed 358
Kidney Beans, canned, ½ cup358
Pinto Beans, cooked, ½ cup358
Wheat Germ, crude, 2 Tablespoons358
Chocolate milk, 1 cup338
Banana, raw, 1 medium308
Milk Chocolate candy bar, 1.5 ounce bar288
Milk, reduced fat (2%) or fat free, 1 cup 278
Bread, whole wheat, commercially prepared, 1 slice256
Raisins, seedless, ½ cup packed256
Whole Milk, 1 cup 246
Chocolate Pudding, 4 ounce ready-to-eat portion246


*DV = Daily Value. DVs are reference numbers developed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to help consumers determine if a food contains a lot or a little of a specific nutrient. The DV for magnesium is 400 milligrams (mg). Most food labels do not list a food's magnesium content. The percent DV (%DV) listed on the table above indicates the percentage of the DV provided in one serving. A food providing 5% of the DV or less per serving is a low source while a food that provides 10-19% of the DV is a good source. A food that provides 20% or more of the DV is high in that nutrient. It is important to remember that foods that provide lower percentages of the DV also contribute to a healthful diet. For foods not listed in this table, please refer to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Nutrient Database Web site: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl.

Afterwards, I met up with my good running buddy Angie Wilson and ran a nice easy 6 mile run down the Knoxville Greenway and back to the Surburban center. Angie is one of my dearest friends and an outstanding runner. She challenges me and I challenge her! We have a group of runners that love to run together...Doug Dibb, Angie Wilson, John Smyth, Tom Deadrick, Dale Sawyer, Stewart Leonard, and Doug Swiggum...and what I have found is that running with others makes you better and faster! You challenge each other...I love these guys! We ran the 6 miles in 51.19...took it kinda easy today for a 8.33 pace...we kinda started out a little quick as we were 6.53 at mile one and at mile two we were 14.48...we calmed it down a litttle after that...LOL...the last quarter mile was a huge hill...and I don't mean what most people would call a hill...this was a total climb for about a 300 yards and up hill the whole quarter mile...me and Angie made a decision to push it and WE DID! Great job!

After the run I ran into New Balance shop and bought me a new pair of shoes I had seen in Runner's World
The New Balance Minimus...the shoe is less than 7oz and it is a flat...oh my it feels awesome and so lite! They totally feel like barefoot...I have a pair of Five Finger Vigrams already but this is a totally different shoe! I can't wait to start to train in these!

A late lunch with Mica at Panera Bread in Oak Ridge and home to relax!

Really looking forward to my Men's Bible Study Class at Panera Bread in Knoxville tomorrow morning at 7am. We are in the four chapter of Tony Dugey's Book...Dare to Be Uncommon! What a blessing this group has been to me! We are sharing our past, dreams, failures, successes, and goals....but mostly learning how to become a better friend, husband, son, parent, and christian!

Got a text yesterday I forgot to share with you...it was an honor! The high school baseball coach in our town...The Clinton High School Dragons...Coach Casey Taylor...texted me and ask if I would come and speak to his baseball team! I did play a couple years in college and was a pretty decent baseball player in high school and I'm sure I will talk to them about baseball but I can't wait to share my testimony with these young men! What a blessing to be able to share my life with a group of young men...all the bad things and bad roads I have been down...what ways not to live...As I say all the time this is just another opportunity God is putting in my life to witness and share how he is working in my life! I say this to a lot of coaches...and I will use Coach Wooden pyramid of success when I talk to them...it ain't about try to win games...its about developing young men to be the best they can be ALL THE TIME...not just on the field or court! Check out Coach Wooden Success Pyramid ( you can google it)...oh yeah as I have said...he won a lot of games also...LOL!

Peace
Mike Edenfield
1 Timothy 1 15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment